Rainbow Trout, Ravioli and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
For the Rainbow Trout Ravioli:
- 1 lb. cheese ravioli, preferably fresh
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil, separated
- 2 6 oz. Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout fillets
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 10 oz. asparagus, cleaned and cut into two-inch pieces
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
Takes , Serves 4.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook ravioli following package directions. Rinse and drain pasta; return to large pot and stir in a teaspoon of olive oil to prevent sticking. Cover to keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a medium-size sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear Clear Springs Rainbow Trout, skin side down for 3-4 minutes. Turn, season with lemon pepper and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Remove skin and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium-high heat, add asparagus and cook until crisp-tender.
- Place cheese ravioli in a large bowl. Break up trout fillets into bite-size pieces and add to pasta. Add the asparagus. Gently toss ingredients together and sprinkle with lemon zest and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt and pepper. Drizzle over rainbow trout ravioli and asparagus. Toss gently to combine and serve immediately.