For the rainbow trout:
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 cups Panko bread crumbs
4 (6 oz.) Clear Cuts® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
8 oz. olive oil
For the side salad:
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. fresh arugula, washed, with tough stems removed
½ small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
24 cherry tomatoes, halved
12 shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in the milk. Place flour and bread crumbs in separate medium sized bowls. Season trout fillets with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Dust a fillet with flour, then dip it into egg mixture, allowing any excess to drain. Coat fish with bread crumbs. Follow this procedure for the remaining fillets. Place in refrigerator covered until ready to use. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Over medium heat, in a large ovenproof sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add trout, skin-side up, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Leave ample room in the pan between fillets.
- Flip fish over and put into the oven to finish cooking for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove fillets from oven and place on paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. Pour vinegar into a medium sized bowl; add a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow stream until mixture is well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula, onion and cherry tomatoes with the vinaigrette. Check and adjust for seasoning.
- To serve, plate one rainbow trout fillet. Divide salad evenly on top of the trout and garnish with Parmigiano shavings and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.