Thai Sate Rainbow Trout
- ½ of a sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 3 (6 oz.) Clear•Cuts® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons reserved marinade
- 1/4 cup (6 oz.) chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (7 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1.5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- chicken stock as needed
- 4 cups prepared jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups steamed fresh vegetables, optional
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree onions, ginger and garlic. Add lemon, soy sauce, spices (except cilantro) and puree again until smooth.
- With the motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
- Remove marinade from processor, stir in cilantro and set aside ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Pour remaining, unreserved marinade over trout fillets in a bowl and toss gently to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate 45-50 minutes to marinate.
- On a very hot, well-oiled grill, place marinated trout fillet flesh-side down and cook 2-3 minutes, rotating to create crosshatch marks. Turn fillets and finish cooking 2 minutes or until cooked through. (Trout fillets may also be broiled 4-5 minutes until golden brown and firm.)
- In a heavy saucepan combine peanut butter, coconut milk and sugar. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes. Add chicken broth as needed to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Serve rainbow trout fillets alongside cooked jasmine rice and steamed vegetables. Top with desired amount of peanut sauce.