For the Rainbow Trout:
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
Slightly less than 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste (or 3 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, chopped and pounded)
4 (6 oz.) Clear Cuts® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets
chopped peanuts, for garnish
For Cucumber Salad:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fish sauce (nam pla)
1/4 cup sugar
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced vertically
½ tablespoon chopped fresh mint
sliced jalapeño pepper, optional
For Spicy Peanut Sauce
1 1/2 cups bottled peanut sauce
3/4 teaspoon sriracha
- In large bowl, stir lime juice, lime zest, ginger root and lemongrass until combined. Place trout in large zipper-lock plastic bag or shallow dish. Pour marinade over and refrigerate for an hour.
- In small bowl, combine peanut sauce and sriracha. Refrigerate until rainbow trout is ready to serve.
- In small saucepan, combine rice vinegar, fish sauce and sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Place cucumber and onion in medium bowl and pour vinegar mixture over. Stir in mint and jalapeño (if using) to taste. Refrigerate while trout cooks.
- Heat grill. Add trout flesh-side down and grill 2 minutes; turn. Cook 2 minutes or until trout is no longer opaque. Remove to serving plate. To explore alternative cooking methods, visit this page.
- Drizzle spicy peanut sauce over trout and sprinkle with peanuts. Accompany with small bowl of cucumber salad.