Tempura Beer Battered Rainbow Trout with Harissa Baby Potatoes
- 1 one-pound bag of baby potatoes, rinsed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry Harissa spice
- 4 (5-6 oz) Clear Springs Rainbow Trout fillets, cut in half diagonally and seasoned with salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup light beer
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
For the potatoes:
For the Rainbow Trout:
- Place potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with the Harissa. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread potatoes out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast them, turning often, for 12-15 minutes or until fork-tender and crisp on the outside.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the beer, egg and 1 tablespoon of the dill.
- Dip the trout in the batter, coating both sides.
- Carefully drop the battered trout into the preheated oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer fish to a wire rack placed on a rimmed cooking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with remaining dill and serve with roasted potatoes.