Spinach and Tarragon Stuffed Rainbow Trout
- 2 Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Butterfly Fillets, thawed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups spinach (or similar leafy greens), chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus
- Season the butterflied rainbow trout fillets and preheat the grill. Heat a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat.
- Heat the oil in the pan, and add the onion and garlic. Once onion and garlic begin to brown slightly, add the greens and cook until spinach begins to wilt.
- Add the tarragon, cream cheese, and yogurt to the spinach mixture and stir until smooth and creamy. Add vinegar, salt and pepper and adjust seasonings if needed. Set aside but keep warm.
- Place the Clear Springs Trout on the grill, skin side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until skin is crispy. Turn trout over and while trout continues to cook, peel off the skin.
- When trout is close to done, divide the spinach tarragon filling and spread on one half of each of the trout fillets. Gently fold over to form a sandwich. Turn off the heat to the grill and close the lid for 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to finish. Serve trout with roasted potatoes and asparagus.