Smoky Grilled Rainbow Trout with Roasted Sweet Corn Salad
- 4 Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons prepared seasoning, Grill Mates Sweet n Smokey Rub
- 3 ears fresh corn, unhusked, roasted on grill (about 2 cups total when cooked and cut from cob)
- 6 cups lightly packed mixed baby greens
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion sliced into thin wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and cut into paper-thin slices
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- With the husks still intact, place the ears of corn on the grill. Roast for fifteen to twenty minutes, turning the ears every five minutes.
- While the corn is roasting, lightly oil each rainbow trout fillet. Sprinkle generously with seasoning.
- Place on grill flesh side down and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and continue to grill for 2-3 more minutes. When the fish is opaque and flakes easily, remove from grill and set aside.
- When the corn is finished roasting, cut the kernels from the cob and mix with baby greens, tomatoes, red onion, and fennel.
- For the salad dressing, mix together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, shallot, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss with vegetables and serve with grilled rainbow trout.