Smoked Rainbow Trout Wraps With Red Pepper Cream Cheese
- 4 5-ounce Clear Springs trout fillets; thawed, smoked and flaked
- ½ cup English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 4 8-inch soft flour tortillas
- ¾ cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 ½ cups roasted red pepper (if using red pepper in a jar, drain well and dice)
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Put the cucumber sticks in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Mix well and leave for about 10 minutes to draw out the extra moisture.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, yogurt, chives, dill, red pepper and paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread each tortilla with the red pepper cream cheese mixture, leaving an inch around the edge of the tortilla bare.
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of mixed greens.
- Pat the cucumbers dry with paper towel and add a few to one side of the tortilla. Top with about ¼ to ½ cup of the smoked trout. Learn how to make smoked trout here .
- Fold in the ends of the tortilla on both sides and roll up the tortilla, starting the with side with the most ingredients.
- Cut each rolled tortilla in half on the diagonal and serve. Repeat for remaining tortillas.