Sesame Soy Rainbow Trout with Warm Cabbage Salad
- 4 (5-6 oz) Clear Springs Rainbow Trout Fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- 5 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
For the Sesame Soy Rainbow Trout:
For the Cabbage Slaw:
- Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Mix the soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small dish and brush on the rainbow trout.
- Cook the rainbow trout skin side down in the skillet for 2-3 minutes, then flip and continue cooking about 2 more minutes. Baste any extra soy sauce mixture on trout during the cooking process.
- While the rainbow trout cooks, combine cabbage, carrots, snow peas and bell pepper in a bowl. Mix sesame oil and juice together, then add to cabbage mixture and stir.
- When the trout is cooked, remove from the skillet and add the cabbage slaw to the skillet. Sauté for 30 to 40 seconds, just enough to wilt slightly and warm. The slaw should be warmed through, but still have a slight crunch.
- Divide slaw among four plates. Add a trout fillet on each portion and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with a wedge of lime.