4 Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons white sesame seeds
4 teaspoons black sesame seeds
1 6-oz. package of rice vermicelli
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
3 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons sugar
1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
½ cup sweet red and green peppers, julienned
2-3 green onions, sliced diagonally
½ cup cilantro leaves, washed and stemmed
1 cup fresh snow peas, sliced in half
Salt and pepper to taste
For the rainbow trout:
- Rub each rainbow trout fillet with the olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the white and black sesame seeds. Press the seeds onto the top of each fillet, and set them aside.
- Preheat a large, flat skillet on medium-high heat, preferably one that can hold all four fillets at once.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and add the rainbow trout fillets, skin side down. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until you see the trout begin to turn opaque halfway up. Flip each fillet over and continue to cook, pressing gently on the sides of each fillet to toast the seeds evenly, about two minutes.
For the noodle salad:
- Prepare the rice vermicelli according to the package directions, making sure all water is removed once the noodles are tender.
- In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and sugar. Add the noodles and toss until they are well coated with the dressing.
- Add to the noodles the carrot, peppers, green onions, cilantro. and snow peas. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine.