Seared Rainbow Trout on Toast
- 2 Clear Springs® Trout fillets
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime
- 4 pieces of toasted brioche
- 1 lime, cut in wedges for garnish
- In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, onion, oil, vinegar, chives, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Rub the fish with salt and pepper.
- Cook in butter about 2 minutes on each side.
- To make the aioli, mix together mayonnaise, garlic, and lime juice.
- Spread aioli on the toasted brioche and top with trout and tomato salad.
- Serve with lime wedge.