Inspired by authentic Japanese flavors, this noodle dish is the ultimate comfort food. The next time you’re craving oodles of noodles, just whip up this exciting and easy-to-make dish.
Rainbow Trout Yakisoba
- ½ cup prepared Yakisoba sauce or, make your own:
- 2½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons super fine sugar
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, rough chop (optional)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 4 oz. (1-1 ¼) cups cabbage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Clear Springs Trout fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz. medium size cooked shrimp
- 14 oz. vacuum packed yakisoba noodles or 6 oz. dry ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ cups bean sprouts, trimmed
- For Garnish:
- 4 teaspoons thinly slice nori (dried seaweed)
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 tablespoons red pickled ginger (optional)
Takes, Serves 4.
- If making your own yakisoba sauce, mix together Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, oyster sauce and sugar.
- Prepare onion, carrot, spinach, scallions and bean sprouts.
- Season both sides of Clear Springs Trout fillets with salt and pepper. In a medium-sized fry pan over medium-high heat, sear the rainbow trout fillets for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan, remove the skin, and break up filet into chunks. Set aside.
- If using vacuum-packed yakisoba noodles, rinse in hot water. Separate the noodles with a fork and drain. (If using fresh ramen noodles, cook in the usual way.) Set aside.
- Heat both oils in a wok and swirl to coat.
- Add all the vegetables and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 7-8 minutes. Mix in trout and shrimp. Add the noodles and toss together using tongs or two forks.
- Add the yakisoba sauce and incorporate well into the noodle mixture.
- Divide between 4 individual serving bowls and garnish with the nori, sesame seeds and pickled ginger.