Rainbow Trout With Shitake Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Ginger and Green Onions
- 2 (5-6 oz.) Clear Springs Trout fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 3 green onions, cleaned and sliced, using white and green parts
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix together the paprika, salt, pepper, thyme and chili pepper flakes.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Sprinkle trout with seasoning mixture and place trout to one side of the skillet, flesh side down.
- On the other side of the skillet, while trout is cooking, add the mushroom mixture and cook the trout and vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the trout over and continue to cook. Stir the mushroom mixture, cooking until the mushrooms are tender and tomatoes begin to break down a bit. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and continue cooking until the trout is opaque and flakes easily.