4 Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Fillets
Lemon Pepper and Herb Seasoning (like Grill Mates®)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
1 14.5 ounce can of low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups baby Portobello/cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 medium zucchini, cleaned, sliced ¼ inch thick and quartered
6-8 small sweet peppers, cleaned, stemmed and julienned
Salt and pepper
½ cup white wine
1 cup orzo pasta, cooked and drained
3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- Cut rainbow trout fillets in half diagonally, season with lemon pepper and herb seasoning and set aside.
- Add the parsley and broth to a small saucepan and simmer on low heat until needed.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a medium skillet. Add mushrooms, zucchini, peppers and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for about one minute.
- Add wine and continue to sauté, lowering the heat slightly. Continue cooking until wine is reduced and vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil on a large flat skillet. Add rainbow trout fillets, skin side down, and sear until trout begins to turn opaque part way up each fillet, about 2-3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and continue to sear until cooked through, and a little crisp around the edges. Peel off skin at this point.
- Place about ½ cup each of the cooked orzo into 4 wide, shallow bowls. Divide the vegetable mixture among all bowls. Layer two pieces of rainbow trout on top of the vegetables and orzo. Pour 1/3 cup of the warmed broth over the trout and vegetables, filling bowl with broth to the bottom of the fillets.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve with lightly toasted garlic bread.