Rainbow Trout with Roasted Vegetables and Pasta Rosa
- 2 pounds Roma or plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus additional for sautéing
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody ends removed, trimmed into 2-3” pieces
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 lb. pasta, such as rotini
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (6 oz.) Clear•Cuts® Rainbow Trout Butterfly Style
- Preheat oven to 250°F (convection 225°F). Spread tomatoes, cut sides up, in a foil-lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with garlic and oregano; season liberally with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, and roast for 2 hours.
- Add asparagus, turning to coat all sides in oil in pan. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Roast for 1 hour.
- Add mushrooms, stirring to distribute evenly; roast for 1 hour.
- Remove half of tomatoes to food processor; process briefly until finely chopped. Keep remaining tomatoes, asparagus and mushrooms warm while preparing sauce and trout.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; keep warm.
- In a small pan, heat whipping cream until it barely simmers. With motor running, add warmed cream to chopped tomatoes in a steady stream. When mixture is combined, return to pan and add Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce just begins to bubble.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add trout, skin-side up, and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until trout turns opaque, about another 2-3 minutes.
- Prepare Pasta Rosa by combining cooked pasta with sauce and stirring to coat. Top trout with roasted vegetables. Serve with Pasta Rosa.