Sauteéd Rainbow Trout with Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for sautéing
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (6 oz.) Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Butterfly Style Fillets
- Vegetable oil or cooking spray, as needed
- In a large pan, cook shallots in oil, covered, over medium heat until translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; continue cooking, covered, until mushrooms are soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and sherry. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 5-8 minutes more. Remove from heat. Season with pepper; keep warm.
- Sauté trout flesh-side down in lightly oiled pan 2 minutes; turn and cook until trout is opaque, about 3-5 minutes more. Top rainbow trout fillets with warm mushroom sauce.