4 (6 oz.) Clear Springs Rainbow Trout fillets
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 pound marble potatoes or red baby potatoes, sliced 1/3 inch thick
2 tablespoons dry white wine
10 ounces of thin green beans, trimmed
4 large eggs
1 head Boston lettuce, trimmed, cleaned and leaves separated
6 radishes, trimmed and quartered or sliced thin
½ cup Niçoise olives
¼ cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons shallot, minced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
8 cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, sear the rainbow trout fillets skin side down for 3-4 minutes. Flip and season with salt and pepper to taste and continue cooking for 2 -3 minutes more. Remove skin and set aside to cool.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a bowl; drizzle with the wine and let cool. Reserve the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, bring a separate saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with salted ice water and set aside.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water; cook until crisp-tender and bright green, about 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water to cool; drain and then pat dry.
- Place the eggs in the reserved saucepan and cover with cold water by about 1 inch. Over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer. Once simmering, cover and remove from heat to stand for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain water form the eggs and run under cold water to cool. Peel them under cold running water.
- To make the dressing, whisk the vinegar, shallot, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Pour in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream while whisking until emulsified.
- Toss the quartered tomatoes into a small bowl and toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about ¼ cup dressing to the potatoes and toss. Quarter the hard cooked eggs.
To Serve: Divide the lettuce among 4 plates. Arrange the potatoes, green beans, radishes, olives and trout on top. Pour any juices from the tomatoes into the dressing, then add the tomatoes to the plates. Drizzle trout and salad with the dressing and top with the hard cooked eggs and olives.