Butter, as needed
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1 cup slivered red onions
1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
16 bite-size artichoke hearts
3 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons Sambuca, Pernod or anisette liqueur
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups seeded and diced tomato
1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, optional
4 (4 oz.) Clear Cuts® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets
salt and pepper, as needed
Flour, as needed
Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until browned. Stir in onion, garlic and artichokes; cook until onion is soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in white wine, Sambuca and lemon juice.
- Add tomato, olives and basil; add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until sauce thickens, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season trout fillets with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- Sauté trout in butter until just done, about 2 minutes per side. Spoon sauce over trout and garnish with chopped parsley.