Rainbow Trout and Shrimp in Curry Simmer Sauce
- 2 4-6 ounce Clear Springs trout fillets
- salt and pepper
- 4 large shrimp, peeed and deveined
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into two-inch-long strips
- ½ cup fresh green beans, cleaned and cut into two-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, cleaned and cut into one-inch pieces.
- 1 cup Curry Simmer Sauce, (Patak’s prepared), warmed
- 1 cup Basmati rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place Clear Springs trout fillets skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn the trout, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes. At the same time, add the shrimp on the side of the same skillet cooking, alongside the trout until shrimp is pink.
- In a another medium-size skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining coconut or olive oil. Add carrots and green beans and sauté for two minutes. Add onions and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes more, keeping them crisp-tender and warm.
- Mix the warm Basmati rice and cilantro together.
- Spoon ½ cup of the Curry Simmer Sauce in the middle of a large plate and spread around a little.
- Add ½ cup of the rice in the middle of the sauce and tap the rice down a bit.
- Place the trout on rice and add half of the vegetables on top.
- Place two shrimp on the trout and garnish with micro-greens.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.