Prosciutto and Sage Wrapped Rainbow Trout
- 4 4-ounce Clear Springs Rainbow Trout fillets
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 small sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Wrap each rainbow trout fillet with one slice of prosciutto.
- Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add oil and coat the pan.
- Add fish to the pan, top side down. Cook two to three minutes, or until prosciutto is lightly browned. Turn fish and cook 30 seconds more. Transfer skillet to oven; bake for five minutes or until fish is done.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat and cook until butter begins to brown, swirling occasionally.
- Add sage leaves to pan, and remove pan from heat. Stir in sherry, salt and pepper. Plate the trout and drizzle butter and sage over top.