For the Clear Springs Trout:
4 Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets, thawed
4 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons mustard (yellow, Dijon, or grain)
2 cups pretzels, crushed in a food processor or in a zip top bag with a rolling pin
¼ cup olive oil
For vegetable sauté:
1 large zucchini, diced into ¾ inch pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
½ pint sungold tomatoes (any tomatoes can be substituted)
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the honey mustard sauce:
¼ cup mustard of your choice
¼ cup honey
- Season the rainbow trout with salt and pepper, then spread the mustard evenly on each fillet.
- Spread crushed pretzels onto a plate. Firmly press the trout fillets into the pretzels so they adhere well to the mustard.
- Heat oil on high in a skillet until oil shimmers. Add trout fillets, crumb side down. Cook until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 more minutes on the other side.
- In another pan, sauté zucchini, garlic, and tomatoes in olive oil until tender and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix mustard and honey together and set aside.
- Spoon the zucchini-tomato mixture onto a plate. Lay trout on top and drizzle honey mustard sauce on top of the rainbow trout.