Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout with Peach Maple Bourbon Glaze
- 1/8 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarse chopped
- 2 cups peaches, fresh & ripe, skinned, diced (or frozen, diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 4 (6 oz.) Pecan Crusted Trout Fillets
- Soak the dried cherries in bourbon for 30 minutes and cut in half.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add pecan pieces and sauté for about 1 ½ minutes just to toast, not burn.
- Add peaches, cherries, lemon juice and kosher salt, and sauté until peaches are heated through and start to break up.
- Add maple syrup, bring back to temperature to serve, or hold until needed.
- Prepare rainbow trout according to package directions. Place the fillets atop a bed of wild rice pilaf and top with hot peach maple bourbon sauce. Serve immediately.