2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
1/4 cup yellow and red bell peppers, sliced 1/4” thick
1 cup Roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chives, chopped
1 teaspoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons Kalamata olives, sliced
1 tablespoon capers, drained
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
4 6-oz. Parmesan Crusted Trout Fillets
Feta cheese (optional, for garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine green onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, chives, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, olives, capers, salt and pepper. Let the ingredients marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Parmesan Crusted Trout according to package directions.
- To sauté from frozen: Heat a skillet to medium to medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and place fillet crust side down in pan. Sauté 2-3 minutes or until desired color is achieved. Flip and cook for an addition 8-10 minutes.
- To bake from frozen: Pre-heat oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Bake for 16-20 minutes. The internal temperature of the fish must reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top with salsa and garnish with feta cheese if desired.
- Store extra salsa in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.