Pan Seared Rainbow Trout with Orange Butter Pecan Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 5-ounce Clear Springs Rainbow Trout fillets, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or Ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Zest and juice of two medium oranges or one large orange
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the rainbow trout fillets with salt and pepper and place skin side down in skillet. Sear 3-4 minutes. Turn fillets over and sear another 2-3 minutes until the skin is crispy and the fish flakes easily. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter or Ghee.
- Add the pecans, scraping any brown bits up from the bottom of the pan. Toast pecans, stirring often, for about 1 minute. Pour in the orange juice and reduce by half.
- Season pecan-orange sauce with a bit of salt to taste and pour over trout. Garnish with orange zest and parsley.