Rainbow Trout with Harissa and Pistachio Yogurt
- 1 cup raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- Lemon zest with extra for garnish
- 2 Clear Springs Rainbow Trout Fillets
- 2 teaspoons Harissa paste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Reserve a tablespoon of the nuts for garnish. Process in a food processor until very finely ground. Add garlic and lemon zest and process until a paste forms. With motor running, stream in ¼ cup olive oil and mix until smooth and no longer grainy (texture should be like tahini); season with salt and pepper.
- Place yogurt in a medium bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper. Thin with a little oil until it’s about the same consistency as the pistachio mixture. Fold pistachio paste into yogurt, leaving it marbled.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, pan sear Clear Springs Rainbow Trout that has been lightly brushed with Harissa.
- Cook for 3 minutes skin side down, then turn and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes more.
- Garnish with sauce, lemon zest and extra pistachios.