Pan-Seared Rainbow Trout With Citrus Salsa
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ and ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¼ and ½ teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 small pink grapefruit, peeled and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 Cara Cara navel orange, peeled and cut into ½-inch chunks
- ¼ cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 Clear Springs Rainbow Trout Fillets
- Whisk together cilantro, lime juice, garlic, oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Stir in onion and citrus segments. Set aside.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon each of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and place fillets skin side down in the skillet. Brush the top of each fillet with paprika mixture.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes, then flip over and continue to sear until golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
- When the trout flakes easily when pressed with a fork, remove to serving plate and top with citrus salsa.