Paleo Rainbow Trout with Herbs de Provence and Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- 2 (5 ounces each) Clear Springs Trout, thawed.
- 2 heads broccoli or 1 bunch broccolini, cleaned and trimmed.
- 3 tablespoons melted refined coconut oil (refined coconut oil has less coconut flavor)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Spray a sheet pan with pan release.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with coconut oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Spread broccoli in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Turn once seven minutes into the roasting process and add red pepper flakes. Roast until florets are tender enough to pierce with a fork and edges are browning, about 8 additional minutes.
- While broccoli is roasting, dry Clear Springs Trout Rainbow Fillets with paper towels and season with Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Sear in a large skillet that has been pre-heated to medium–high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and place rainbow trout fillets skin side down. Sear for 3-4 minutes. Turn over and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide roasted broccoli between two plates. Add a trout filet to each plate and a squeeze of fresh lemon over the trout and broccoli.
- Serve with quinoa if desired.
For the broccoli
For the trout