Mojito Rainbow Trout
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon gold rum, optional
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- grated zest of 2 whole limes
- 4 (6 oz.) Clear Cuts® Rainbow Trout Butterfly Fillets
- 1/2 cup toasted sweetened coconut
- For mint butter, combine butter, mint and rum (if desired) in small bowl; reserve. (Butter may be made in advance and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- In medium bowl, stir lime juice and lime zest until combined. Place trout in large zipper-lock plastic bag or shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Refrigerate for an hour. Drain and discard the marinade.
- Heat grill. Add trout flesh-side down and grill 2 minutes; turn. Cook 2 minutes or until trout is no longer opaque. Remove to serving plate. Spread trout with 2 teaspoons of the mint butter; top with 2 teaspoons toasted coconut.