Maple Chipotle Glazed Trout with Grilled Winter Squash
- 4 Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- For the squash:
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and sliced into ½ inch half moons
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Once heated, lightly coat with oil or non-stick spray.
- Mix chipotle powder, salt, pepper, olive oil and ¼ cup of the maple syrup together.
- Coat Clear Springs Trout fillets with maple chili glaze and set aside while preparing squash.
- In a microwave-safe dish, toss the squash in oil, and microwave for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place on hot grill next to the trout. Brush squash with the remaining maple syrup as it cooks.
- Let trout and squash cook for approximately 2-3 minutes or until grill marks are well formed. Turn pieces over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, continuing to brush squash with maple syrup. Check to make sure squash is tender.
- Drizzle trout with additional chipotle glaze if desired. Serve with steamed green vegetables.