Mango Habanero Rainbow Trout
- 1 1/4 cups mango nectar, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh mango, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 each habanero pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 4 Clear•Cuts® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 each bell peppers, any color, diced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
For the Mango Habanero Rainbow Trout:
For Pepper Relish:
- Combine 1/4 cup mango nectar, fresh mango, habanero pepper and allspice in the bowl of a food processor. Process briefly until mango is finely chopped; reserve.
- In a small bowl, stir together 3 tablespoons mango nectar with potato starch to form a slurry; reserve.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining mango nectar over medium-low heat until it just reaches a boil. Stir in slurry. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30-45 seconds or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in mango-habanero puree.
- Heat grill. Add trout, flesh side down and grill 2-3 minutes; turn. Top flesh side with 2-3 tablespoons mango sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes or until trout is no longer opaque.
- Divide remaining mango sauce evenly among trout fillets; garnish with pepper relish. Serve immediately.
- For the pepper relish, heat oil in a medium sauté pan until hot but not smoking.
- Add bell peppers and sauté 3 minutes. Add sugar, cumin, allspice and vinegar; stir until combined.
- Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes or until flavors blend.
- Garnish fillets with mango sauce and pepper relish.