Macadamia Crusted Rainbow Trout with Mango Puree
- Two 6-8 ounce Clear Springs Trout fillets
- ½ cup roasted, salted macadamia nuts
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh (peeled and diced) or bottled mango
- ½ cup pear or white grape juice
- ¼ cup coconut milk (from the carton, not can)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- Juice of one lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and place rack in center of oven.
- Pulse panko and macadamia nuts in a food processor until slightly crumbly. Do not over process.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Season rainbow trout fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dip trout fillets in egg wash and then breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake the trout in a baking dish that has been brushed with coconut oil. Or sauté both sides of fish on stove top in a medium skillet, preheated and brushed with coconut oil.
- While the rainbow trout is cooking, prepare the mango sauce.
- In a food processor add the mangos and juice. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the mangos, juice and coconut milk. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Let cool slightly and add the honey, lime and salt. Strain if needed and keep warm.
- Remove rainbow trout from the oven when golden brown, after about 15 minutes
- Serve on a bed of micro greens with a side of deep fried sweet potato and parsnip chips seasoned with sea salt. Drizzle with mango puree.