Herbed Lemon Aioli Rainbow Trout
- 1 large or 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 (6 oz.) Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets
- For the aioli, combine garlic with a pinch of salt on a flat surface. Mash garlic and salt into a smooth paste using the side of a chef’s knife or other large knife.
- In small bowl, stir garlic paste, mayonnaise, lemon zest, parsley and lemon juice until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, stir rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice and wine until combined. Place trout in large zipper-lock plastic bag or shallow dish and pour marinade over it. Refrigerate 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- Heat grill. Add trout flesh-side down and grill 2 minutes; turn. Cook 3-5 minutes or until trout is opaque. Remove to serving plate.
- Spread trout with 1-2 tablespoons aioli; sprinkle with additional parsley. Serve immediately.