2 8-ounce Clear Springs Rainbow Trout fillets
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup chives, chopped
1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
¼ cup Italian parsley
Fresh ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
Kitchen twine, cut into 6-inch lengths
Kosher salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the rainbow trout fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Line 9×13 baking pan with parchment or foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the almonds, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the beaten egg to the breadcrumb mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- Lay the first trout fillet skin side down onto the baking pan. Place your twine lengths underneath the fish, spacing them 1 ½ inches apart, and leave them untied.
- Place the breading mixture over the trout fillet.
- Place the remaining trout filet on top of the breadcrumb mixture (skin side up).
- Secure the two trout together using kitchen twine.
- Brush olive oil on trout and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Slice into portions to serve.