1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 medium lime, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon ancho chile seasoning blend (not ancho chile powder)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 (6 oz.) Clear Cuts® Rainbow Trout Butterfly Style
1/4 teaspoon salt
- If you’d like to enhance the flavor of the ground cumin, it can be carefully toasted in a dry pan. As soon as the powder becomes fragrant it is done toasting and should be removed from the heat.
- Next, combine the ground cumin, lime zest, lime juice, ancho chile seasoning, and salt (to taste) in a small bowl. Stir in olive oil until mixture forms a thick paste.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Spread a quarter of the spice paste onto each trout fillet.
- For traditional grilling: When heated, coat the grates with a small amount of oil or non-stick spray. Place trout flesh-side down on the lightly oiled grate and cook them for about three minutes. Flip and continue cooking for two to three minutes until trout turns opaque.
- For cedar plank grilling: Soak the cedar plank for two hours. Place the seasoned trout on the plank and place the plank on the heated grill. Cook trout for eight to ten minutes or until flesh is opaque and flakes when pressed with a fork.
- Enjoy immediately.