2 Clear Springs Rainbow Trout Fillets, each cut in half
2 ripe avocados, halved and stone removed
2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño, finely chopped
2 teaspoons red onion, finely chopped (optional)
¼ cup olive oil
1 bunch of asparagus, washed and trimmed
2 scallions, shredded, for garnish
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place avocado, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, salt and pepper (to taste) in food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the pickled jalapeño, red onion if using, remaining lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl and mix together; set aside.
- Brush the trout and the asparagus with some of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place trout skin side down on the grill, alongside the asparagus. Cook the asparagus for 2-3 minutes until tender. Set asparagus aside. Continue cooking the trout skin side down, turning once until cooked through.
- Divide asparagus evenly between plates. Place one or two pieces of trout on top of asparagus. Top with jalapeño relish, garnish with green onion and serve with a ramekin of avocado butter.