Honey-Lime Sriracha Sauce:
1/2 lime zest and juice
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
Chili flakes (optional)
1 small red bell pepper, julienned
1 small yellow bell pepper, julienned
1 medium carrot, julienned
1 small zucchini, julienned
2 green onions, thin juliennes to make curls
1 small watermelon radish, sliced wafer thin and cut into halves
Chill in ice water and set aside.
Dressing for Slaw:
4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
Micro greens for garnish (optional)
Sesame seeds for garnish
The Rainbow Trout:
4-6 ounce Clear Springs Rainbow Trout fillets
- Mix lime juice and zest, honey, sriracha, and chili flakes together and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl halfway with ice water. Add to it the red and yellow bell peppers, carrot, zucchini, onions, and radish; set aside. Vegetables will crisp and begin to curl in ice water.
- Mix together the rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, salt and pepper, then set aside. Reserve micro greens.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Lay each fillet skin side down on cutting board. Using a sharp knife, make a small horizontal slice at the tail end. Do not cut through the skin. Holding on to the tip of the skin, place knife at the slice and begin to separate meat and skin, running the blade evenly down the length of the trout. Discard the skin.
- Slice each fillet into two halves, lengthwise. Thread each trout piece onto skewers and season with salt pepper. Brush with the Honey-Lime Sriracha sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, brushing with more sauce while cooking, turn once and continue adding sauce until fully cooked.
- Drain the julienned vegetables. Toss with the dressing and mound about 2 cups in the bottom of a wide bowl. Place the skewers on the side of the slaw and garnish with micro greens and sesame seeds.