Georgia Harvest Rainbow Trout
Duration: Takes ,
Recipe yield: Serves four people.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for sautéing
- 2 whole large sweet onions (such as Vidalia or Mayan), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 (6 oz.) Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Butterfly Style Fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- In large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add onions, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Cook, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes or until flavors have blended. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired; cover to keep warm.
- In another large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add trout skin-side up and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until trout turns opaque, another 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the onion mixture evenly over trout and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pecans. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.