Fall Harvest Rainbow Trout
- 2 4-6 ounce Clear Springs Trout Fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti squash, cooked and scraped out of the hull
- ½ cup red and yellow beets, washed, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick on a mandolin slicer
- ¼ cup carrots, peeled, and sliced on the bias, ¼ inch thin
- ½ cup black lentils, cooked until tender
- 1 cup arugula
- Cardini’s Roasted Asian Sesame dressing
- In a preheated grill pan or BBQ on medium-high heat, place trout fillets skin side down. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- While trout is cooking, add olive oil to a medium-size skillet and sauté beets and carrots on medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper. (Sautéing the red beets separately will prevent bleeding onto the other vegetables.)
- Divide the arugula between two plates.
- Place ½ cup of the spaghetti squash on opposite side of the arugula.
- Lay trout fillet on top of squash and arugula. Add sautéed vegetables on top of the trout and garnish with lentils.
- Drizzle dressing on top of the vegetables and fish.