2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
½ bunch kale, stems removed and washed
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
¼ cup pine nuts
2 Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
¼ cup grated cheese (Parmigiano or Romano)
- In small bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and dried cranberries and set aside.
- Roll washed kale into a log and slice through log to make thin strips, no more than ¼ inch. Place kale into a large bowl and drizzle with vinegar-olive oil-cranberry mixture. Add salt and pepper and massage into the kale to tenderize. Set aside.
- Heat sauté pan to medium-high heat. Toast the pine nuts for one to two minutes, or until fragrant and golden brown. Remove them from the heat.
- Coat trout with oil, salt and pepper. Place rainbow trout fillets in the sauté pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes and turn over to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Place your fillet and your kale salad on a plate and sprinkle with grated cheese and toasted pine nuts.