Crispy Parsnip Trout with Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 medium parsnip
- Salt and pepper to taste throughout
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup whole milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons 40% whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 4 tablespoons diced unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, cut into strips
- 4 small Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 6-ounce Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout fillets
- Peel one medium-sized parsnip. Using a potato peeler, shave thin strips of parsnips into a bowl.
- Heat 1 cup vegetable oil in a sauté pan to medium-high heat. Fry parsnip strips until golden and crispy. Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain off water. Add warm milk, butter and the garlic to the potatoes in the pan. Mash together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- In a sauté pan add white wine, lemon juice, cream, garlic, turmeric, salt and pepper. Heat on high heat and reduce by 1/2 its original volume. Remove from heat and swirl in diced butter. Keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Sauté the zucchini and tomatoes until crisp-tender; keep warm.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Season Clear Springs Rainbow Trout with salt and pepper. Place trout fillets on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip trout, cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve rainbow trout on a bed of mashed potatoes and vegetables. Top with crispy parsnips and lemon cream sauce.