Clear Springs Asian Trout Salad with Udon and Chili Ginger Dressing
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Clear Springs Trout Fillets
- 1 8-ounce package udon noodles
- 8 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 2 cups mint leaves, pulled off stems and coarsely torn
- 4 baby cucumbers, cut into thin lengthwise pieces on a diagonal
- 1 red onion, sliced thin into two-inch pieces
- To make the dressing, whisk the fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, water and lime juice together and season to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Add more water to thin if needed.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of the dressing in a separate bowl for basting. Brush some of the Chili Ginger Dressing on each trout fillet.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the trout skin side down for 2-3 three minutes. Turn over and continue cooking for 2 more minutes or until cooked through. Remove skin and brush with more dressing. Set aside to cool.
- Cook udon noodles following package instructions. Cool under cold water to stop the cooking and set aside.
- Toss arugula, pea shoots, mint, cucumbers and onions together.
- Divide the noodles between four plates. Top each serving with a portion of the arugula mixture. Break up the trout fillets into chunks and divide among each salad.