Chorizo Stuffed Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout with Lime Avocado Crema
- 4 (10-12 ounce) Clear Springs ® Dressed Rainbow Trout
- 4 ounces uncooked Mexican chorizo sausage (casing removed)
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen petit corn, thawed
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- tortilla chips, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 ounces sour cream
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ½ avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
Takes , Serves 4.
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Preheat a sauté pan on medium-high heat, then add crumbled chorizo and cook until browned. Drain off fat and return to pan.
- Add cremini mushrooms, red peppers, scallions, corn and cumin to pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and combine with crumbled tortilla chips and cilantro. Blend to complete stuffing.
- Rinse and dry dressed rainbow trout and season inside with salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and tie kitchen string around the length of the trout to secure.
- Place trout on aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145° Fahrenheit.
- For a crispier trout skin, spritz with lime juice and place under broiler for an additional two minutes.
- For the avocado lime crema, blend together sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, avocado, salt and pepper. Serve alongside stuffed rainbow trout.