Chile-Tamari Rainbow Trout
- 1/2 cup chile-garlic sauce, or sriracha
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 4 (6 oz.) Clear•Cuts® Rainbow Trout Butterfly Style
- 8 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1” pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toast the almonds. This can be accomplished in an oven, skillet, toaster oven, or even the microwave. Each method requires about three minutes, but no matter which you choose- use your nose. When the almonds are fragrant they are done toasting. Set them aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, combine chile-garlic sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce until sugar is dissolved and the sauce is smooth.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat and add trout flesh-side down and cook for two minutes. Flip the fillets over and spread chile-garlic mixture evenly over them. Cook 2-3 minutes or until trout is opaque and flakes easily when prodded with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and top trout with green onions and almonds. Serve immediately.