Char-Grilled Clear Springs Trout on Pesto-Green Olive and Cashew Bruschetta
- 4 Clear Springs Trout fillets, cut in half
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- 1 10-ounce jar pitted Sicilian green olives, drained
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread, cut in half
- 2 cups fresh watercress or arugula, washed
- Radishes, washed and sliced in half with stems attached
- For the pesto: Place the olives, cashews, basil, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a small food processor and pulse until combined but still coarse. Set aside.
- Brush trout with oil and cook, skin side down on preheated char-gill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes more or until cooked through. Remove skin and discard.
- On another side of the char-grill pan or barbecue, toast the bread that has been brushed with oil.
- Divide the radishes, arugula or watercress between four plates. Spread two toast halves with the pesto and top with two pieces of trout. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit more olive oil to serve. Repeat with remaining toast and trout.