Bourbon Baked Trout with Candied Pecans and Scallions
- 4 8-ounce Clear Springs Trout fillets
- 1 ½ tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1/3 cup candied pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the trout fillets and place in a baking dish sprayed with baking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While trout is baking, heat a small skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. When butter is melted, add the brown sugar and honey.
- Continue stirring together until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add Bourbon. Place back on the heat and continue to cook, reducing liquid by half.
- Turn heat down to the lowest setting to keep the sauce warm while finishing preparation.
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add pecans, lemon juice, scallions, salt and pepper. Stir to warm and then remove from the heat.
- When trout is done, plate each trout and divide the Bourbon Sauce and the Pecan and Scallion topping among the four fillets.