In less than 30 minutes from stove to table, this recipe may become a weeknight staple. This easy entrée is a feast for the eyes and the palate. Buy enough kaffir lime leaves for the next time; they freeze beautifully!
Baked Sweet Chili Rainbow Trout
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 5-oz. Clear Springs Trout Filets, fresh or thawed
- Microgreens for garnish
- Steamed cilantro rice, to serve
Takes, Serves 4.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Trim the top and base off the lemongrass stalk and remove the first few outer layers. To bruise the lemongrass, lay it on a cutting board and lightly crush it with a meat mallet or the side of a wide knife.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over high heat add the sweet chili sauce, sugar, ginger, lemongrass, vinegar and kaffir lime leaves.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes until the mixture reaches the consistency of syrup.
- Pat the rainbow trout fillets dry with a paper towel. Place the trout on a large tray lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the sweet chili glaze over the trout. Cook for 10-12 minute or until cooked through.
- Top with micro greens and serve with steamed cilantro rice on the side.