2 6-ounce Clear Spring Rainbow Trout Fillets
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest, requires 1 lemon
2 tablespoons Parmesan, shredded
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
For the rainbow trout:
1. Rinse the trout fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Place fillets on a baking sheet covered with parchment or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Season lightly with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
4. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (While trout is baking, prepare gremolata.)
For the gremolata:
6. To toast pine nuts, add them to a dry pan set on medium heat. Stir the nuts frequently so they do not burn. Remove them from the heat when they appear golden brown and smell fragrant.
7. Chop the parsley as finely or as coarsely as you prefer.
8. Gently zest the lemon. Be sure not to zest off any of the pith, the white layer underneath the surface, because it is very bitter!
9. Mix chopped parsley, lemon zest, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir together, then add the toasted pine nuts.
10. Test the rainbow trout by pressing it with a fork. If it flakes easily, remove it from the heat to your plate and sprinkle the gremolata on top.