Bacon Artichoke Rainbow Trout with Toasted Hazelnuts
- 4 Clear Springs® Trout fillets
- ½ cup sliced hazelnuts
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips of thin sliced hickory smoked bacon
- 1 small handful fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and rub a roasting tray with a little olive oil.
- Lay the trout fillets, skin side down, on the tray.
- Lightly toast the hazelnuts in the oven or on the stove top for about 2 minutes, stirring often. When cool, chop them finely, place them in a bowl with the bread crumbs and add the mint.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, garlic, artichoke hearts and 5 tablespoons of olive oil to the bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and divide the mix over each trout fillet.
- Lay one slice of bacon along the top of each filet. Sprinkle the thyme over the top and any excess filling around the tray.
- Place in the middle of the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes, until the trout is golden and the breading and bacon are crisp.
- When the trout is ready, serve with slices of lemon.