For the rainbow trout fillets:
4 Clear Springs® Rainbow Trout Natural Fillets, thawed
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup slivered almonds, chopped fine
½ cup sunflower seeds, chopped fine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To crush the almonds and seeds, place them in a sealable plastic bag. Press the air out of the bag and lay it on a cutting board or other durable surface. Spread the nuts out in a layer. You can either pound them with a meat tenderizer or roll them with a rolling pin. Do so until the almonds and seeds are ground finely.
- Season trout fillets with salt and pepper.
- Combine almonds and sunflower seeds on a plate and press the flesh side of the trout into the mixture.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Add the fish fillets into the hot pan with the coating side facing down.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until coating is toasty and nicely browned. Turn over and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- You’ll be able to determine if the fish is done by pressing the flesh with the fork. If it flakes easily then it’s ready to eat.
For the Dijon white wine sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
¼ cup white wine
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 cup heavy cream (stock or water can be used, but use only ¼ cup)
Salt and pepper to taste
- In another pan on medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add shallots, sautéing until translucent.
- Add the wine and cook until wine is reduced.
- Add mustard and cream and bring to a boil. Stir until thick and creamy.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over Almond and Sunflower Seed Crusted Rainbow Trout.