When you think of a superfood, kale or acai berries probably come to mind first. And rainbow trout? That’s probably the last thing that comes to mind. But this unsung hero has a lot of benefits to offer. The omega-3 fatty acids in this superfood boost heart health and lower blood pressure. It cooks quickly on a busy weeknight. And it’s a sustainable option! Explore these fifteen rainbow trout recipes and try out your favorite.
1. Crispy Oven-Baked Trout: Parmesan and panko make for a light and crispy coating on these baked fillets. Dijon mustard and garlic add just a touch of tang.
2. Roasted Rainbow Trout with Veggies: Clear out your crisper with this veggie-filled recipe. This light, weeknight dinner fits easily into your post-holiday detox.
3. Pan Seared Lemon Pepper Rainbow Trout: For this rainbow trout recipe you need only a handful of pantry staples and twenty minutes.
4. Mustard and Herb Crusted Trout: If you crave fish with a serious crunch factor (without frying), then you’ve found it.
5. Grilled Rainbow Trout with Lemon Parsley Butter: A zesty recipe with a bonus tutorial on partially butchering your own trout if you’re feeling brave.
6. Pan Seared Trout with Pecan Browned Butter: Turn your ordinary freezer or pantry items into a sophisticated entree. You’ll be surprised how far you can get with a little butter and some pecans.
7. Rainbow Trout with Smoked Tomato Salsa: Impress your dinner guests by experimenting with cherry wood smoke!
8. Garlic and Herb Broiled Rainbow Trout: Only 15 minutes stand between you and this ridiculously easy-to-make trout. The broiler is man’s best friend.
9. Rainbow Trout Tacos: Spice up your everyday fillets for Trout Taco Tuesday!
10. Stuffed Baked Trout: Fast-cooking couscous and pine nuts lend some Mediterranean heartiness to your baked fish.
11. Grilled Rainbow Trout with Rainbow Chard and Citrus Caper Relish: Vitamin-dense rainbow chard pairs perfectly with the omega-3 fatty acids in your trout. Do your body some good!
12. Pan Fried Cajun Rainbow Trout: Mix together a fast Cajun spice rub with staples you already have in your cabinet- no joke!
13. Crispy Rainbow Trout: The ingredient list for this recipe is ridiculous! Ridiculously short, that is. Simplicity is the key to success for this rainbow trout.
14. Teriyaki Trout with Vegetable Noodles: Cook this healthy spin on takeout in the same amount of time it would take the delivery guy to get to your house. That’s a win-win!
15. Baked Rainbow Trout with Pine Nut and Lemon Gremolata: Intense flavor lives in the fresh lemon and herbs of this gremolata. This recipe combines heightened flavors and simple prep.